[TriLUG] Dear lazyweb^WTriLUG, Laptop suggestions?

David Burton ncdave4life at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 21:52:16 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 5:31 PM, Igor Partola <igor at igorpartola.com> wrote:

> TriLUG, via Alan and Michael, just blew my mind. I guess I should go break
> the piggy bank for an MBPr.

Sure, if you want to pay $2K for a slick-looking machine that has a
soldered-in battery, and soldered-down, non-upgradable RAM.

OTOH, you can buy a good performance Intel or AMD Windows laptop for about
$400, if you catch a good sale. Get two of them (one spare), and use the
other $1200 in savings to buy about 40 extra batteries, for those 200-hour
trans-lunar flights.

Dave