[TriLUG] Anyone else able to get to cdimage.debian.org?

Chris Knowles cknowles2112 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 07:41:20 EST 2013

Due to the nightmare that being a sysadmin and running unity has become...
(e.g. Want to run multiple terminal sessions on multiple desktops? Don't
left click that button.)

I've started looking into other distros.

I'm not at all fond of Linux Mint.  Something about it just irks me.
So I'm poking at fedora, though I lost my love for rpm a long time ago.
I'm trying out kubuntu.

And I was going to try out debian, but all of the links point you to
cdimage.debian.org and that doesn't seem to be working for me from
anywhere.  Am I just having no luck?  Or have things moved without debian
updating it's pages?

Also, if anyone has a good general purpose desktop distribution they'd
recommend, I'm happy to hear it.  Only real requirement is that it be kept
relatively up to date, and relatively low maintenance, this is the distro
that I use to work on everything else, so it needs to be working.

Thanks,

CJK