[TriLUG] Raspberry Pi

Grawburg grawburg at myglnc.com
Mon Jan 14 13:36:08 EST 2013

Greetings,

The Imagination Station Station in Wilson is a medium sized museum focused primarily on kids. I'm retired and work here as, among other things,
new exhibit development.  Last year I upgraded our most popular exhibit by completely reprogramming the PLC that was used; I'm now upgrading and rewiring another exhibit that will also use a PLC (yes, I like programming PLCs).  I also do a fair amount of Excel VBA for an unrelated client.

I recently discovered the Raspberry Pi (I have one on order) and will be retrofitting a Thinkpad R30 with Debian and Python.  I've also installed
Python on the museum's WinXP machine and on my OS/2 Thinkpad (although it is only version 2.4) so I can learn the language.

Our "vision" for the Pi is to create a special room in the museum to introduce kids to programming and construction projects like robots though an after-school program.  Over the next few months I'm sure I will have lots of questions and greatly appreciate all help the group can render.

Feel free to contact me directly at:  bgrawburg at imaginescience dot org

Regards,
Brian Grawburg

--
Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to living creatures cannot be a good man. (Arthur Schopenhauer)