[TriLUG] Do Linux users have security questions?

David Matusiak dave at matusiak.org
Mon Jan 28 16:01:22 EST 2013

Hi all,

I was hoping to give a presentation at this year's NCSU FOSS Fair, but
don't have the time for a full-blown presentation (sorry, holidays and then
everyone in my family has been sick). Instead, I was hoping to perhaps
solicit information security questions from Open Source users and see what
help/answers I could provide. It would be super fantastic if I could then
draw it all together into a cohesive "security landscape" picture for folks
to think about, but that will largely depend on what ideas we can spark.

Anyone willing to help me out? It would be great if you could send me any
relevant questions, as well as links to new FOSS technologies or tools that
are security related. I covered many last year, and "how to become familiar
with info sec topics and tools via Open Source," but I'm very happy to
learn about new stuff. I appreciate any help from this group! (And you're
welcome to forward this to other LUGs, FOSS groups, etc).

Have a great week, y'all!
Dave M.

http://matusiak.org