[TriLUG] Problems with KVM on CentOS 5.8

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Feb 1 12:08:37 EST 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Roy Vestal <rvestal at trilug.org> wrote:
> The issue I'm seeing is a reboot of the host. I'll run a compile and after
> the compile, the host will reboot. I don't see anything in the logs. I was

Was the compile being run on a KVM Guest OS or on the KVM Host ?

Any messages on the console when it reboots ?  You might want to try
hooking up a serial console and capture the output using another
machine.

I would investigate hardware problems first.  Run memtest from CDROM
and verify your RAM is OK.  Run the disk SMART tests.

Bill