[TriLUG] Slightly OT: RARSfest 2013 - Looking Help

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Thu Feb 7 23:30:41 EST 2013

Hi all,
  Last year at the Raleigh Amateur Radio Society Hamfest (RARSFest), I
represented the "Linux in the Hamshack" group (http://lhspodcast.info).
I was able to talk about 2 things I enjoy, Linux and Ham Radio. However,
I did not get a break as I was the only one in the booth. I didn't even
get a "potty break"!

So, before I submit a request to run the booth again for LHS, I wanted
to see if anyone wanted to help this year?  It would be best if you were
a ham or at least interested in ham radio, but the main thing is an
interest in answering Linux questions. How to use it, how to install,
benefits (such as use older hardware, software available, etc).

The benefits? Get in the Hamfest free, chance to hang out on a Saturday
talking about linux, browsing a geeks flea market, etc. And if you're a
ham, well, you already know how much fun this will be! :)

It would be best to have 1 or 2 other folks to help me. If you are
interested, please reply to me offline. I need to know by February 15th.

73 and dit dit,
-Roy
KK4ATD

http://rpp.linuxmaniac.net