[TriLUG] DNS providers: why bother? was Re: Email Problems

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Tue Feb 12 17:42:29 EST 2013

I also as well too. bind9 is not too terrible to learn to configure.
In addition to running my own resolver, I also include a .lan zone. This
way I can give local names to important hosts on my network, such as
nas.lan, router.lan, etc. This also makes it really easy to deal with
IPv4/IPv6 dual stack.

I run bind on a Raspberry Pi as it seemed to crash too often when running
on my router (on top of DD-WRT).

Igor