[TriLUG] searchable mail archive

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Fri Feb 22 05:25:10 EST 2013

I would be very reticent to dump all of my corporate email to Google... at
that point, even if they never release it to the world, they still have
all of your daily operations secrets.  Same thing with using AIM at work
and AOL.  This is particularly true if you ever want to do Federal
contract work.

One of our pet projects at $WORK is setting up a SOLR server for indexing
content.  I expect that with some careful development, you could do the
same thing for your email archives and keep the whole thing in-house.

William Sutton