[TriLUG] Running multiple CUPS daemons on a single system

Andrew Stephenson tendonut at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 16:11:20 EST 2013

Hi everyone, I'm not exactly a frequent poster on here, but I sure read a
ton of threads..

I'm attempting an interesting project in the office and would like to run
multiple CUPS sessions on the same hardware.

I've managed to get everything set up the way I'd expect (create new init
script, create separate /etc/cups directories, and create separate
binaries. It seems like it should work just fine. But as soon as I kick off
the init script, which sets the config directory as /etc/cupsRDU, it
ignores that declaration and defaults to /etc/cups. I have no idea where it
is getting that from, since I've changed every reference to /etc/cups to
/etc/cupsRDU.

Has anyone else tries something like this?