[TriLUG] Log File Viewer

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Sat Feb 23 10:17:36 EST 2013

All,

my operating system is Ubuntu 12.04. Rainy Saturdays sometimes become
curiousity days for me. I discover Log File Viewer on my Gnome classic
Desktop. In the syslog portion of the viewer there are a bunch of cron
jobs that are logged.

My command line knowledge is limited, but since I personally didn't
create any cron jobs, I am wondering what these are. Here is just one
of the cron listings.

 CRON[6325]: (root) CMD (  [ -x /usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime ] && [ -d
/var/lib/php5 ] && find /var/lib/php5/ -depth -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1
-type f -cmin +$(/usr/lib/php5/maxlifetime) ! -execdir fuser -s {}
2>/dev/null \; -delete)

Can someone give me a clue about this? Can I disable Cron ?? There is
also something called anacron logged on syslog as well.???

Thanks for all the help.

--
Jc Jones
Blogs -