[TriLUG] TriLUG Digest, Vol 1880, Issue 1

Michael Rulison 13miketele at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 26 12:41:09 EST 2013

On 2/26/2013 12:00 PM, trilug-request at trilug.org wrote:
> I've launched an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign (think Kickstarter,
> but cooler, and much more inline with the open source philosophy).
> Check out all of our perks and make your contribution today:
Historical Note:
I've just finished Simon Winchester's book, /The Map That Changed the
World. /It is about William Smith and his work (maps and books) about
the fossils and geology of England. In any case, at that time, early
19th century, it was a common practice to raise money for printing by
selling subscriptions to the works to be published. We have an
historical model for crowd sourcing.