[TriLUG] The tool I'm looking for

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Sat Mar 2 16:11:02 EST 2013

On 03/02/2013 08:25 AM, William Sutton wrote:
> What if someone told me it was easier to use a pneumatic nail gun to
> frame my house but I insisted on using a rock instead?
What if the house framing was clumsily cited to try to communicate but
the real application involves popsicle sticks built inside a bottle?

The google interface to the TriLUG email is a fantastic resource. Thanks
to you and Rod for the tips. I agree it would be silly to implement a
search interface to the TriLUG email when Google appears to work so
well. I'm sorry to just now be explaining that the application
motivating my question involves private email that didn't pass through
Google's intestines and is invisible to it's all-seeing eye. I figured
the question might be more interesting if it was connected to a well
known instance of a Mailman archive.

But special thanks to Kristopher. I'm looking at Nutch and Solr, but
also namazu and htdig. And here's the web page I should have found
earlier ("Doh!"):

  http://wiki.list.org/display/DOC/How+do+I+make+the+archives+searchable

-Pete