[TriLUG] searchable mail archive

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Sat Mar 2 16:57:33 EST 2013

> So now we're looking for a tool to allow us to quickly search our
> mailing list history.
It just so happens that we thoroughly discussed popsicle sticks a couple
of weeks ago!

    http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20130218/067946.html

A snippet from my original request:

    So now we're looking for a tool to allow us to quickly search our
    mailing list history.

    Our group does not have direct access to the mail server, but we're
    thinking it might make sense to have a dummy user that subscribes to the
    mailing lists, stores the mail archives locally, and runs a web server
    and a web-based search tool that can do the searches and return results.

    Do any of you guys have suggestions for such a mail archive searcher server?

Maybe that old discussion will give you some ideas, or maybe you'll come
up with some new suggestions.  If so, please report back here!

Alan