[TriLUG] Presentation Software

Grawburg grawburg at myglnc.com
Mon Mar 11 12:10:38 EDT 2013

I am making my slow transition to Linux from OS/2 (will always keep my finger there) and some Windows (I get paid nicely to do Excel 2003 work) there is one piece of software I'd like some suggestions for.

I usually use Lotus Freelance Graphics to make the few presentations I need...avoiding PowerPoint on general principle.
OpenOffice Impress does not impress me - very little in the way of templates, backgrounds, etc.  I will try Lotus using Wine but wonder if there is good Linux-based presentation product that folks are aware of. Doesn't have to be free, but much more than $50 may rule it out.

Thanks,
Brian Grawburg
Wilson