[TriLUG] Presentation Software

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Mon Mar 11 15:57:13 EDT 2013

Many developers jumped ship from OpenOffice to a fork called LibreOffice
when they realized the implications of Oracle getting control of
OpenOffice by buying Sun Microsystems.

But know that these two programs still inter-operate and it could be
that there are tons of templates and backgrounds for {Libre,Open}Office
"out there." It's not uncommon for the Linux software distribution to
have the basics and rely on the 'Net for accessories.

You might well be able to run OS/2 on VirtualBox. It appears to be a
first class citizen in the setup menus.

-Pete