[TriLUG] Best printer?

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Mon Mar 25 09:49:24 EDT 2013

and here I'm happily sitting on an HP LaserJet 4100N.  No muss, no fuss,
but no scan or color, either.  I got it for $1300 back in 2000 because I
didn't want to fuss with shared printers under CUPS.  Since then, I've
replaced the motherboard and JetDirect card ($500-ish).  It still has 99%
of its toner left, so at this rate, my grandchildren will be using it
(assumuing ethernet still exists).

William Sutton