[TriLUG] "Light" monitoring

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Mar 29 14:32:05 EDT 2013

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Brian Henning <bhenning at pineinst.com> wrote:
>> Side question -- since Top and friends only show one value,
>> what is it saying about a multi-cpu system?
>
> top will show per-cpu if you press the "1" key:

That's an interesting feature.  You may also want to try "htop" as a
top replacement - plus you can send signals (kill) processes directly
without dropping back to the shell.

I'm trying PingDom.com now too...

What I need a simple way to monitor my cable modem connection for
stutters, drops, and latency.  I am primarily concerned about
maintaining VOIP disruptions and I want a log to show to TWCBC.

Bill