[TriLUG] About time-warner broadband

Andy Barnhart arbarnhart at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 12:39:37 EDT 2013

One of their techs told me that they pretty much only change the IP for a
reason (activity that makes them suspect you are running a server) because
so many people have routers and intelligent devices that there is almost
never a time that there is no outgoing connection established. According to
him, they really do try not to break connections because people will
complain (rightly so, IMO). I remember the old days when downloading
something really large was almost impossible because it might take longer
than the window between resets.