[TriLUG] don't go slow on batteries!

Joseph S. Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 13:04:03 EDT 2013

What you're looking for is the CPUFreq Governor:
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/cpu-freq/governors.txt there used
to be a binary that would set it, but now it looks like you can set it
through sysfs.

However, I'd suggest, you continue to use the ondemand governor when on
batteries (should be by default).  Your battery will last a lot longer, and
the performance impact will be negligible.  The cpu freq will scale up as
your load requires it, and down when it finishes.

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Tim Jowers <timjowers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone know the trick to keep the laptop cpu at full processing when on
> batteries? And/or maybe its my disk. I ran the gnome power manager app  but
> its about suspend and hibernate. I want to keep the laptop going full speed
> even if on batteries.
>
> Thank you,
> Tim
> --