[TriLUG] Odd website behaviour

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Thu Apr 11 11:31:21 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 08:30:57AM -0400, Tim Jowers wrote:
> You can do some level of debugging with IE8. F12 I think is the launcher.
> definitely Chrome or firebug in Firefox are needed. I can't think of
> anything changed on imgs.

Yes, I did find "developer tools," but in this case, they did nothing
for me.  Partly, it is because the pages are dynamic; the content shown
in loaded when needed, and so the HTML shown by F12 is useless, because
I don't seem to be able to see anything to do with network activity.

In any case, I was able to use wget from an AIX Unix box inside their
network to retrieve the needed pages, as well as the actual image, where
I found the extraneous 0x0a.

As I say, I now need to hunt through all of the recently-changed code to
try and find where that came from.

At least I have a definite goal at this point.  Before, I hadn't any
idea of what I was looking for.

Brian