[TriLUG] Database Software

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Fri Apr 12 12:50:36 EDT 2013

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013, William Sutton wrote:

> Steve posted his frustration with Kmail last year; I suspect that's why he's
> sworn off KDE:
>
> http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20120109/065103.html
>
> William Sutton

Ah. I don't use KMail. I've been a long time alpine user and have recently
switched parts of my work flow to Claws-Mail because if it's better, more
native openPGP support. When I get time (email is just so important it's
hard to schedule "downtime") I plan to switch to notmuch
<http://notmuchmail.org/>.

Dislike of KMail doesn't really tell my why he avoids all libraries
associated with KDE (I use many KDE libraries (built without
semantic-desktop support) without having any of the PIM suite installed).
If it is just some sort of emotional reaction to things under the same
umbrella that's fine, but it means that I can continue to use them without
feeling bad.

Jack