[TriLUG] At&t's Uverse comments needed.

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Sun Apr 14 19:10:51 EDT 2013

All,

Many moons ago, my first high-speed internet connection  was
Bellsouth.net (DSL). Since I used Linux even back then - ( Red Hat -
before Fedora ), I was warned not to mention Linux when trying to get
bellsouth support on a internet problem.

My connection with bellsouth.net didn't last a year. It ended with a
customer support person refusing to escalate my problem to the next
level. I was so frustrated with bellsouth support that I was willing
to return to dial-up.

After a short period of dialup, I returned to High speed with
DirectDSL, then intrex.net when DirectDsl cease operation, and now --
with Time Warner Business class.

It's cost reduction time. Doing away with TWBC, putting all my server
activity in a Amazon Instance, but internet connectivity is still need
at home.

I have subscribed to AT&T's Uverse. Installation is next week.

In preparation for that big day, I began reading some of AT&T's
material about Uverse. Now I am wondering if they haven't progressed
much above the days of my bellsouth.net DSL. Their pdf, "AT&T Internet
System Requirements ", gives requirements for windows 7, Vista, Xp,
and Mac --- no mention of requirements for RedHat, Fedora, Ubuntu,
etc. --- not  even recognition of Linux as a possible system!!

Any Linux using Uverse internet ??? comments??

I have subscribed to the internet/tv bundle. Comments on the tv bundle
will be a plus for me.

--
Jc Jones
Blogs -