[TriLUG] RFC: TriLUG wiki and infrastructure hack day.

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Tue Apr 16 09:52:55 EDT 2013

Good day all:

The recent announcements about the pilot upgrade and steering committee
elections reminded me of how much the steering committee does for us,
thanks! Wouldn't it be great if we could all ease their burden? I propose
a hack day to take place some future Saturday to do just that.

The first item on the agenda is to re-implement the wiki. I think the goals
of the new wiki are easy editing and spam protection. In addition to
installing and configuring the software, we will also need to port any
content that we want to keep from the old wiki to the new one.

I would also like to have a discussion about future projects. Topics
include, what new shiny projects would people like to see, and how do we
keep these projects shiny over time.

Please respond to the list or me personally with ideas about the wiki and
projects that you would like to discuss. I will maintain a summary of the
discussion here [0].

Jack

[0] http://www.trilug.org/~jackhill/hackday-notes.html