[TriLUG] TriLUG wiki and infrastructure hack day.

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Tue Apr 16 10:06:31 EDT 2013

> I nominate ikiwiki [0] to be the new wiki software. I like it because
> it makes it easy to edit content in my editor of choice and uses
> existing version control systems for history.

Test-driving wikis is one of the many things that has been on my
back-burner.

I think one of our top requirements is that the wiki should have some
sort of authentication / authorization... some wikis do this, while
others are anonymous.  I had been looking for one that we could plug
into our existing LDAP user database.

Closely related is that we need to be able to clean up graffiti.  Some
wikis (like MediaWiki) insist on leaving all history intact, but just
allow you to erase it from current view.  This is so they can claim that
they are fully transparent.  The downside is that when you look at "all
pages", you still end up seeing a ton of graffiti remnants.  Basically,
it just gets cluttered up.

I had been leaning towards Dokuwiki or Twiki (now called "FossWiki").

--
# Alan Porter