[TriLUG] Palmer for another SC term; proposed amendment to the bylaws

Cristóbal Palmer cmp at cmpalmer.org
Wed Apr 24 13:22:59 EDT 2013

Greetings TriLUG,

I'm running for another term on the SC. Those of you who were present last May will recall that I stood up saying that I wanted to improve the gender balance of our group, and that I would try to get childcare set up for TriLUG meetings to help with that.

I've failed.

Perhaps you should fire me, but I would like another shot. To that end, I am proposing an amendment to our bylaws. I don't have the exact text that we'll vote on at the May meeting yet because I need your participation.
I'd like to emphasize that there has not -- to my knowledge -- been any particular incident at any of our meetings. This proposal is not a defensive response, but rather one effort among many that I hope we'll undertake in order to have our group better reflect the many different talented people I've met in the Triangle.

I hope you'll read the blog post below and engage with the group to make our bylaws better. Come May, you'll have a chance to vote on both my candidacy for the SC and the amendment. Please see my blog post introducing this topic here (warning -- long and potentially difficult):

http://pebkac.homelinux.net/2013/04/24/an-anti-harassment-policy-for-trilug

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer