[TriLUG] Palmer for another SC term; proposed amendment to the bylaws

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 12:37:25 EDT 2013

On Thursday, April 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM, James Jones wrote:
> My opinion is an old man's opinion. :-)

I hope you noticed that the anti-harassment policy as written explicitly mentions age as an axis along which we will not tolerate harassment.  Whatever your age, we welcome you.

Please help us be more welcoming to others who do not currently feel welcome. Doing the work of implementing an anti-harassment policy and related policies and procedures (eg. training more than one Duty Officer) is one way to address that, and it is one that is relatively easy.

If you haven't done so, I'd ask you to take the time to look through the blog post: http://pebkac.homelinux.net/2013/04/24/an-anti-harassment-policy-for-trilug/

I put a lot of time and thought into it, and I think it covers a lot of the concerns that have been expressed.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer

cmpalmer.org