[TriLUG] Palmer for another SC term; proposed amendment to the bylaws

Lenore Ramm lenore.ramm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 10:46:40 EDT 2013

As one of the few (and frequently the only) female TriLUG attendees in the
past couple of years, I think this is a good idea.
I don't know if such a policy in itself would be a draw for women, but it
shows that the organization cares about such issues.

I also think it's important to remember that women are often not the only
victims of harassment.  It's sadly not unusual for
men to harass or bully other men.  Hopefully such a policy would make such
behavior less likely as well.  This may be
helpful for the #trilug channel on IRC.

I applaud Cristóbal for his efforts.

Lenore
http://eronel.blogspot.com | http://eroneldesigns.com