[TriLUG] Do Linux User groups still serve a useful purpose?

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 11:14:06 EDT 2013

Jeremy,

 I like that train of thought. Get the LUG's together to do something
great.

For me, LUG's are really the only contact with people who actually know
anything. I work in business IT; so most of my interaction is with people
who don't even know what a filesystem is. /dev/null's

Not sure what something great LUGs could do. But seems we have enough
grassroots people. OLPC was a good idea. Maybe blow "common core" out of
the water with a real, organized, and in depth curriculum for compsci and
compengr based on Linux. Maybe could partner with some of the general
curriculum efforts such as what Ron Paul is doing and others have done.

Tim