[TriLUG] Do Linux User groups still serve a useful purpose?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Apr 27 20:09:53 EDT 2013

On Sat, 27 Apr 2013 16:07:25 -0400
Brandon Van Every <bvanevery at gmail.com> wrote:

> Wow there are people out there who aren't tired of this sort of drill
> yet? I envy the young and inexperienced.  I keep trying to avoid all
> the things in Linux that are like a "kit" rather than a solution.
> Feels like all of last year was dealing with "kits," although a fair
> chunk of it was OpenGL's fault as well.
>
> But by all means, have your fun.  Who am I to argue.  I'm just on the
> End User Experience end of technical considerations.

The suggestion was made to teach technology. I responded with a possible
way. You didn't like my way. If you have a better way for TriLUG to
teach technology, please state it.

For everyone else, I still think the idea to teach technology through
Linux is an excellent one, I'd like the discussion to continue, and I'll
do all I can to support it.

Thanks,

SteveT