[TriLUG] iptables & FUD

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 12:08:28 EDT 2013

I see I am not the only Grandpa in the making `,~>

I completely agree that perfectly good SW can hose your system, which is why I continue to use Centos for production servers. I still have some on 5.x, waiting for the end of life.

Sometimes I get annoyed becasue Centos does not have some of the newer features, but for the most part the admin is much less than constantly upgrading. The tried and true apps do not need the flashy new features.

I got nailed on udev rules once too, probably the same time you did, I just don't remember now.