[TriLUG] iptables & FUD

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 13:45:06 EDT 2013

I find GNOME 3 very frustrating similar to going to Win7 (Sorry for cursing). Completely lost and fumbling around, BUT when you read of some of the advantages and start to train the brain. There are some useful improvements that make up for some of the lost productivity. Having said that, I would drop it in a second and I only use it on my testing machine so I can continue to stay up with technology. In short I force myself to move foreward and this has come in handy as RH/Centos move forward, I can stay somewhat current.

My Daily work machine is Centos 6.x with GNOME 2. Most productive feature being the list of desktops where I create my workspaces for different tasks. G3 kills me with that missing.