[TriLUG] Thomas Edison and Patents

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Wed May 1 16:38:28 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 4:19 PM, John Vaughters <jvaughters04 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>>And I thought it was: "he who patents first - wins".  (Edison had 1,093 patents)
>
> Agreed, Patents are a result from the 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.
>
> I'd say Edison perspired quite a bit.

I'm sure he did, and so did his lawyers and detectives hunting down
infringement of his patents.  Edison knew how to make the patent
system work to his advantage: buying other peoples patents to
strengthen his own position, and aggressive licensing of devices that
he had no interest in manufacturing himself.  Hello Hollywood.

Bill