[TriLUG] The biggest deterrent for women in tech

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Wed May 1 19:47:27 EDT 2013

Suggesting history books as a reason for gender differences seems counter intuitive to my observation of life experiences. I guess I have read too many old books to not trust the written over my own experience. If you ever want a good laugh read some old encyclopedias. Great completely wrong stuff in there.

If you must know the tech resource team was a group of dba's and app developers to support issues on a very complex medical EHR software. As a matter of fact I would be willing to bet it is equal to complexity to open source 3D dev. If not more complex. And on top of that you were dealing with peoples medical records, something considered a bit critical with liability on the line. You see when you kill some one on a video game it is not quite the same as killing a patient from a software error.