[TriLUG] The biggest deterrent for women in tech

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Thu May 2 11:51:41 EDT 2013

> If you treat the workers like slaves, the better ones (the ones you need to keep the ship afloat) will leave, en masse.

How right you are, and if you have read my discussion on the Indian Team experience. I was raising that point for the Female ratio aspect, but that decision to hire Indian support caused the US Eagles to grab their eggs and fly away. Me being one of them. It takes about 6 months to find a job when starting from scratch and I predicted after the anouncement of that decision that in 6 months you will see mass migration. It was almost like clockwork and I was a small Eagle, many of those that left had 10-15 yrs experience in these products. Beleive me it hurt that company. I was there for a while after some of the big Eagles flew and there were issues that no one had a clue how to solve. Not Fun!!!

Still I have no desire to question the CEO's choice of a company I have no involvement, so I am watching Yahoo curiously.

John Vaughters