[TriLUG] The biggest deterrent for women in tech

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Fri May 3 08:51:04 EDT 2013

>wasn't this the same CEO who immediately cancelled telecommuting for the vast majority of employees?
It's not quite as simple as it seems.

I saw a few articles stating she makes decisions using data.  The telecommuting policy change included.

She saw evidence of abuse of people telecommuting.  Checking the logs showed there were people not connected to yahoo long enough to cover their working hours.

I saw other articles stating it was a well known fact inside yahoo regarding the telecommuting abuses.

Craig