[TriLUG] MySQL Runaway

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Wed May 8 10:44:00 EDT 2013

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 09:49:34AM -0400, Ron Kelley wrote:
> You might also want to look at the "mysqltuner.pl" script.  It analyzes your currently running MySQL instance and will provide a very good analysis (completely with tuning recommendations).  We used this heavily while getting our WordPress installs working in our environment.

VERRRY Interesting.  Thank you, Ron.

It turns out that there are NO InnoDB tables.  Not exactly the way that
I would build a MySQL database these days.

It also said that it was 96% reads ( in the last 10 hours or so since I
was restarting it, trying to reduce the load ).  I will re-run this
script periodically, as well as turning on the slow query logging that
several have recommended.

It had several very practical suggestions, including the indices that
John mentioned just now.

If you, and the others, are interested, I could post the report here.
It is just about a page long.

Brian