[TriLUG] Hrivnak for SC

Hrivnak, Michael mhrivnak at hrivnak.org
Wed May 8 10:53:04 EDT 2013

I accept the nomination for Steering Committee. Over the decade or so that
I have been a TriLUG member, this community has played a huge role in my
growth from enthusiast to professional. This is a community that I value
greatly and would like to give back to.

I am currently a Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat, and recently I've
been working behind the scenes to help TriLUG coordinate and make use of
Red Hat's facilities for events like monthly meetings. It is important to
me that Red Hat continues its support of the LUG after the move off of
Centennial Campus, and so I am committed to being a continued advocate for
TriLUG within Red Hat.

The SC has been doing a great job finding speakers on a variety of engaging
topics, and I consider this one of TriLUG's most appealing aspects.
Continuing this tradition would be one of my top priorities on the SC.

As for other experience that could be helpful as a member of the Steering
Committee, I have experience on multiple nonprofit boards and have an MBA
that focused on nonprofit management.

To briefly weigh in on a recent hot topic, I fully support Cristóbal's
proposed anti-harassment policy. I understand that from the perspective of
someone already familiar with the LUG it can seem unnecessary or implied,
but I see the policy as an important declaration to those who are not
already familiar with us. This is not the only way for us to be more
inviting, but it is definitely a valuable one.

I love Linux, I love using and writing OSS, and I would like to help TriLUG
continue to be one of the most active and engaging LUGs anywhere.

Michael Hrivnak