[TriLUG] Late night IPv6

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri May 10 11:23:34 EDT 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Igor Partola <igor at igorpartola.com> wrote:
> I hope you also enabled the firewall to safeguard your home network.
> Otherwise, bad things (tm) are bound to happen :).

Thanks for the reminder.  I have installed the IPv6 firewall packages.
Can you suggest some firewall rules ?
  opkg install kmod-ip6tables ip6tables

There are two main advantages that I see for IPv6 at home:
  1. Remote access to my computers at home no longer need to be
explicitly forwarded by the router (no NAT).  No more manually entered
forwarding rules, so true peer-to-peer communications can happen.
  2. I'm hoping this will resolve the abysmal network performance of
TWC when accessing YouTube or Vimeo.

The downside is that you can no longer pretend that you are secure behind NAT.

Bill