[TriLUG] serving multiple HTTPS sites on same server with redirection

Aaron Joyner aaron at joyner.ws
Sun May 12 23:14:13 EDT 2013

Hi Marvin,

I'm a bit perplexed about what your goal is?  I read over your rules, and
it seems like you're trying to use 'iptables' when what you really want is
another 'Listen' stanza(s) in your apache config?  Can you clarify why you
want Apache to listen to two sets of ports on two IPs on the same machine,
and why 4 Listen stanzas isn't the right choice for that?

Listen 80
Listen 8080
Listen 443
Listen 8443

(Of course, they may need to exist inside the appropriate / separate
<VirtualHost> directives.)

For more info:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/bind.html

Aaron S. Joyner