[TriLUG] JOB - Database Administrator/Database Architect

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Tue May 14 13:00:50 EDT 2013

Pradeep asked me to pass along this job posting. Respond to him, not to
me, and not to the mailing list.

--

Database Administrator/Database Architect

Salary Range: $77K to $116K

Location: Raleigh, NC

We are looking for someone that is more than a "query jockey" i.e.,
looking for someone that knows database systems inside & out, can
design/architect databases and write awesome stored procs.

We are using MySQL now (and we will continue to use it) and we may
augment our solution with something like MongoDB in the future.

The Database Administrator builds business intelligence solutions that
provide the business with a way to access and perform analysis on our
data for decision-making purposes. The Database Administrator is
responsible for designing and implementing ETL workflows to extract data
from relational databases and other sources and populate a data
warehouse. The incumbent should be comfortable designing star schemas to
be used by ROLAP tools.
Role and Responsibilities

Communicate with business stakeholders to understand reporting needs and
identify relevant data from multiple sources
Work closely with application development team(s) to understand current
data storage strategies. Present data in the form of reports and
dashboards and via business intelligence tools to the business.
Build self-service tools for stakeholders to access reports relevant to
their business needs
Build OLAP cubes to integrate with business intelligence tools
Export production data to external or internal systems, including
database replicas
Work with Senior Database Administrators to assist with maintenance
tasks, research and planning, upgrades, monitoring, and emergency response
Perform other project-oriented tasks as assigned by management

Qualifications

Excellent communications skills, with the ability to listen to and
understand business needs and identify the specific data associated with
those needs
Ability to communicate with business leaders at their individual level
of technical aptitude. Ability to determine the interrelationships
between solutions and requirements.
Experience writing moderate to complex SQL queries
Ability to use inductive reasoning
Ability to communicate and market data administration concepts to management
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced
environment with frequently changing priorities
Customer-focused attitude and commitment to quality

Preferred Qualifications

Experience working with business intelligence tools (Pentaho,
RapidMiner, Spago, etc.)
Experience with OLAP fundamentals including building cubes,
multidimensional, relational, and hybrid database structures, APIs, and
query languages

Education and Experience Requirements

Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline with course
work in database management, information systems, and business.

Best Regards,
Pradeep Palreddy, CEO Keshav Consulting Solutions
Direct Phone: 919-341-4635; Mobile : 252-268-2549
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/pradeeppalreddy