[TriLUG] JOB - Linux platform engineer in RTP

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Wed May 15 14:42:10 EDT 2013

Posting this for recruiter, Jacob F. Roeper <jfr at dynpro.com>

Normally, I'd say reply to him and not me... but the buzzwords suggest
that this one might be right down the hall from me. So reply to him, and
I might be able to give you some background.

Alan

We are currently recruiting experienced candidates for a direct-hire
position as a Software Engineer with a leading technology company in the
RTP. This position is responsible for development of a Linux platform
for Next Generation signaling products. Candidate will participate in
the full SDLC, including: feature definition, design, coding, testing,
system integration, documentation and support. Primary responsibility
will be kernel development with a primary focus on TCP and SCTP
protocols. Other duties may be assigned.

Must have experience in the following:

• Linux OS (x86) and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6
• In depth experience with TCP and SCTP protocols and
developing/modifying TCP and SCTP stack
• Development of Linux Device Drivers for the 2.4 and 2.6 Linux Kernels
• Linux software packaging using RPM
• Network performance evaluation and tuning
• Real-time and high-performance application development

Experience with the following is desirable:
• KVM, VMWare, or other virtual machine technologies
• Software development using Open Source software
• IPSec

Jacob Roeper
Corporate Recruiter

Office: (919) 747-7118