[TriLUG] JOB

Anders Grimsrud ang at ensight.com
Wed May 22 17:21:35 EDT 2013

TriLUG group,

I hope I'm doing this right.... I believe I'm following the rules but if
not I humbly apologize.

I run a small software company in Apex with a heterogeneous compute
environment but heavily Linux. My system admin has decided to start a
job elsewhere developing iOS apps and I find myself looking for a new
sys admin. This might be a great opportunity for some of you. Please see
job/company description below.

Thanks,

Anders Grimsrud
Computational Engineering International, Inc.
Apex, NC

--------------------

Computational Engineering International is currently considering
candidates for the position of System
Administrator.

Role & Responsibilities:

Computational Engineering International (CEI) is a profitable,
privately held software company that develops, markets, and supports
software for analyzing, visualizing and communicating computer-aided
engineering results and scientific data. For more information on our
business please visit our website www.ceisoftware.com. CEI has a
diverse computational environment ranging from laptops to medium scale
clusters running Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX. CEI is headquartered in
Apex, North Carolina, and has employees based around the US as well as
owning several international subsidiaries.

In this role we are seeking an candidate with practical experience
managing heterogenous networks of Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX
computers. In addition to computer administration, you will also
manage CEI's networking infrastructure (firewalls, VPN, networking
services), testing infrastructure, offsite services (SVN, Google
Sites, Salesforce, Zendesk), and other duties as necessary.

Functions:

* Maintain a diverse network of approximately 50 computers and small
clusters
* Work independently and cooperatively with a small development team
* Provide system administration support for a local office of
approximately 20 people
and several employees around the US
* Interface as needed with international subsidiaries

Required Skills/Background

* BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent
* 5+ years network administration experience (LDAP, Firewalls, NIS, DNS,
DHCP, Active Directory)
* 5+ years system administration experience (Windows, Linux, Mac OSX)
* 5+ years experience with network services (web servers, Google sites,
or comparable)
* Practical experience with VMWare and VSphere
* Programming experience with Python and shell scripting
* Tenacity to not only keep systems running but to improve them
* Good oral and written communication skills
* US Citizenship required

Other Skills of Interest
* Testing framework development or management
* Programming experience in C and/or C++
* Batch queuing system deployment and administration
* Salesforce, Zendesk, or equivalent administration
* SVN

Compensation

In addition to paying a competitive base salary based on education,
experience, job duties, and contributions towards the company’s
success, CEI also offers the following compensation components:

* Profit Sharing – Based on net profits of the company per quarter. On a
yearly basis this
component has historically been between 10% to 20% of base pay.

* Medical Insurance – CEI provides comprehensive medical insurance to
the employee plus family
at no cost to the employee.

* Dental Insurance – CEI provides dental insurance to the employee plus
family at no cost to the
employee.

* Life and Disability Insurance – CEI provides base coverage for the
employee at no cost.

* Health Care Reimbursement Account – CEI provides some funding into
this account and
the employee may contribute pre tax dollars for further funding.

* Bonus Pay – CEI values the contributions of it’s employees and
routinely recognizes extra ordinary
efforts by offering bonus pay.

* Stock Grants – CEI values the contributions of it’s employees and
recognizes extra ordinary efforts
by offering stock grants and restricted stock grants.

* Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) – CEI believes that employees
should have the benefits of
company ownership. Over the past several years CEI has aggressively
contributed to this plan.

* Retirement Plan – Employees of CEI may contribute to a SAR/SEP
retirement plan where
the employee is free to make any investment he/she may choose.

* Paid Vacation – In addition to 10 paid holidays, employees start with
15 paid vacation days per
year.

This position will have a target total take home compensation range of
$75 - $110K

Equal Opportunity Employer

CEI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CEI, Inc. does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable state or federal civil rights law.

To Apply

If you are a qualified candidate, consider yourself passionate about
what you do, and enjoy being part of a team where every employee
contributes to the success of the company, please submit your resume
to jobs at ceisoftware.com. We look forward to hearing from you!