No subject

Sun Jun 2 12:36:39 EDT 2013

`make mrproper' will do a more extensive `clean'ing. It is sometimes
necessary; you may wish to do it at every patch. `make mrproper'
will also delete your configuration file, so you might want to make
a backup of it (.config) if you see it as valuable.

On why it is called mrproper:
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0101.3/0111.html

Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Biggers" <biggers at utsl.com>
To: <trilug at trilug.org>
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 9:44 PM
Subject: [TriLUG] a kernel building mini-doc

: I am interested in this too.  I don't recall if your WINE doc had
: copyright.  I suggest adding one.
:
: I want to compare your notes with my kernel-build crib sheets :^).
:
: thanks,
: ----mark
:
: rpjday writes:
:  >
:  >   once again, mostly for my own edification, i wrote a
mini-doc,
:  > this one for installing, configuring and rebuilding kernels.
:  > anyone who wants a copy, let me know.  obviously, i'm
interested
:  > in comments, clarifications, typoes, large sums of money in
brown
:  > paper bags ...
:  >
:  > rday