No subject

Sun Jun 2 12:36:39 EDT 2013

<snip>
 -j     Create the filesystem with an ext3 journal.  If the -J option is not
specified, the  default  journal  parameters will  be  used  to  create  an
appropriately  sized journal (given the size of the filesystem) stored within
the filesystem.  Note that you must be using a kernel which has ext3 support
in order to actually  make  use  of  the journal.
</snip>

Soooo..... mke2fs -j /dev/hdaX    or whatever.

HTH,
TOG