[TriLUG] Cable - nerd stuff needed

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 15:41:43 EDT 2013

This is going to sound glib, but DSL seems like it would be simpler than
any other solution that we could propose.  I think you might be able to use
a couple of inexpensive wireless routers, one at your house and one at the
neighbours house.  With line of sight and a Pringles can I think you would
have enough range and that's less than $100 bucks total for a couple of
refurbished routers.  But I bet it would be lossy and the DSL line would be
supported by the telco.  A wireless link would be supported by you and your
neighbor.

sean