[TriLUG] OT Local Electronic DIY Store

Brian Henning bhenning at pineinst.com
Thu Jun 13 14:23:24 EDT 2013

Radio Shack is about the only one left around here, I'm sad to say.  To
their credit, they have stepped up their DIY game considerably in the past
few years, but their markups are still pretty ridiculous on the piddly
things like individual components.

I often find that I can get a much better deal if I go to an online retailer
and just buy some other odds and ends (like a pile of LEDs and limiting
resistors.  Everyone needs LEDs!) to reduce the shipping-per-part ratio.

On a related note, do NOT buy the Seeed-brand Protoshield kit available at
RadioShack if you need to make a stackable shield.  It purports to be
stackable, but the headers don't line up correctly.  It can be a bottom or a
top, but not a middle.

Happy hacking!
~Brian