[TriLUG] OT Local Electronic DIY Store

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Wed Jun 19 13:07:39 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM, Alan Sterger <asterger at earthlink.net> wrote:
> While out shopping, hit Tiger Direct on Capital. At the cash register for
> checkout the cashier turned my credit card over. I thought it odd as I was

I use a low value credit card for purchases where the card leaves my possession.

Some people cover the CSV with a sticker to prevent that type of
thing.  I've also see it done on Drivers Licences to cover some
personal info that clerks do not need to verify your age when buying
alcohol.

It's a pity the US hasn't caught up with the rest of the world and
switched to chip based credit cards.

Bill