[TriLUG] OT: Free eMac to a good home

Jack Hill jackhill at jackhill.us
Sat Jun 29 18:48:21 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I have an eMac <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emac> that I have been
using (running Gentoo GNU/Linux (my favourite distro)) for the last
couple of years to play with PPC as well as a desktop/fat terminal/media
consumption machine. I recently got a more powerful PPC machine, so it
is time for this one to find a new home.

It is the "Northern Lights" model.

* 1 GHz G4
* 60 GB hdd
* ATI Radeon 7500

The only catch (that I know of) is that is difficult to cold boot. If
it has been completely off, when you turn it on, it will only beep and
do nothing else. You need to wait a minute or two (presumably for a
capacitor to charge) and then turn it off and on quickly and it boots
and runs like a charm.

You can pick it up from me in Durham or Chapel Hill, or I can bring it
to a meeting.

Best,
Jack