[TriLUG] OwnCloud network setup question

John Broome jbroome at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 11:04:45 EDT 2013

What does the rest of your network look like?  If everything is coming in
over a cable modem, and into a linksys router I'm not sure what good having
a second NIC would be. Unless you give the 2nd NIC an ip address that your
router is configured to place in a DMZ.

Even then, i don't think that's a good idea.  Just portforward whatever
ports you need to use the service to the machine running OwnCloud (443?)
and be done with it.

No need to make things more difficult than they need to be.