[TriLUG] Soon-to-be new RasPi owner

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Mon Jul 8 20:24:32 EDT 2013

R,

***** Part of the issue is that if you attempt to run the webcams at
high resolution, the USB on the RPi seems to hang.

Thanks for the comments. I will keep it in mind.

***** If you do find a camera that works well, please post here as I
would love to hear about it.

I will keep you in the loop about webcam use. The webcam that I hope
to use is -- Logitech's QuickCam Orbit/Sphere. Works within Ubuntu
12.04. I am hoping that it will work on the PI.

I also have a backup Nikon Coolpix that I might try to use. Won't need
the Raspberry for it since it already has a composite output which I
can use directly into my Roland VR-3 video switcher.

--
Jc Jones
Blogs -